2020 Applications are closed. Check back in July 2020 for next year's application
Scholarships are awarded to graduating high school seniors who are involved in service to others. Alisa's Angels was founded in memory of Alisa, who was committed to helping others because, "that is what we were put on earth to do”.
- Alisa's Angels will award $5000 scholarships to up to 8 graduating seniors who are committed to service to others.
- $2500 will be available the first year of school. The remainder will be available in following years if student is in good standing. The scholarship funds can only be used for books, and tuition, and will be issued directly to the school.
Who is eligible:
- Graduating high school seniors from Arizona
- Graduating high school seniors from the Colorado Springs, Colorado area (see note below)
- Students must have a GPA of 2.75 or higher
- The scholarship may be used for any college, university, community college, or qualified trade school.
How to Apply:
- Detailed instructions are available here
- Applicants must use the online application form
- Applicants must also submit a 750-word essay that details their service to others
- Applicants must submit an unofficial transcript through the 7th semester of high school as part of the application
- Applicants may also submit an optional video (see the instructions for details).
- Applicants must also have a reference
How to Complete a Reference:
When are Scholarships Awarded:
Application packages are reviewed by a selection committee. Applicants will be notified in early March, 2020 of the results. Recipients will be presented the scholarships at the Gala on May 9th 2020.
*NOTE for Colorado Applicants:
Graduating high school seniors from the Colorado Springs area - El Paso and Teller Counties - are eligible to apply. Up to 2 scholarships will be awarded to Colorado students. There will be a separate awards celebration for Colorado Springs area recipients.
Alisa's Angels is an equal opportunity organization:
The Alisa’s Angels Foundation embraces inclusiveness, diversity, and equal opportunity as core values. We understand that the community is stronger when the gifts of all people are respected, embraced and maximized.
Accordingly, Alisa’s Angels Foundation does not discriminate in awarding scholarships, employment, or any other matters based upon race, creed, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, or sexual orientation. Consistent with this policy, Alisa’s Angels Foundation will assist students, hire employees, administrator programs and activities, grant scholarships and loans, and otherwise afford all persons with every right or privilege granted by Alisa’s Angels Foundation without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin.